Site Map

Consular Processing

Most foreign nationals must apply for a non-immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy overseas prior to entering the U.S. The main exception is for individuals entering the U.S. for brief visits under the visa waiver program and Canadians. All immigrants who apply for permanent resident status from overseas must first obtain an immigrant visa at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy.

Administrative Processing delays – Be Prepared!

Administrative processing delays are frequent and occur when you might least expect them Administrative processing is another name for a Security Advisory Opinion or Washington Special Clearance. It is a process the United States Department of State and the diplomatic missions of the United States use in deciding to grant or deny a United States… read more

Non-immigrant visa interview: Waivers expanded

State Department expands waiver of some non-immigrant visa applicant interviews In an effort to manage an increasing workload with less resources, the U.S. Department of State has added a large number of nonimmigrant visa applicants to the list of those for whom interviews may be waived. The program became effective on January 19, 2012 and… read more

National Visa Center: Document Translations Needed?

National Visa Center (NVC) immigrant visa documents – to translate or not to translate, that is the question! And the answer is to translate every document you present to the NVC into English despite what is written on the NVC website. In terms of civil documents, the NVC is requesting originals or certified copies either… read more